Macquarie Knight Constructions typically identify sites suitable for dual occupancies and offers these as packages to our clients.
The Macquarie Knight Constructions team has a comprehensive understanding of Local Council and State Government requirements. Our streamlined systems ensure the approval process is expedited, and the onsite experience is compliant, timely and cost effective.
We can undertake as much or a little of the process as you require – typically our projects adopt the following process:
- Clients typically meet with us either with their own land, or ask us to identify suitable land for them in which to build a dual occupancy;
- After securing the land, the client completes one of our “Client Information” sheets, and we commence the process;
- We meet with the client and establish their brief, budget and ensure they have confirmed their “finance” is established;
- With a brief confirmed, we typically invoice the client for a commencement fee (which depends on each project). This fee forms part of the overall contract value. It is charged to process the concept plan, contour survey and geotechnical survey of the nominated block;
- We commence works upon receipt of the fee;
- Once the concept plan is completed, we typically go through a review process with the client, and once the concept if confirmed by the client, we undertake a preliminary estimate, and produce a Tender;
- The plans and Tender are presented to the client, and once agreed and signed, we progress to the signing of a HIA Contract, and the payment of the balance of 10% of the contract value (less the initial fee paid in Point 4.) This generally occurs within 48hour;
- Upon receipt of the signed HIA Contract and 10% deposit, we commence the Pre-Construction phase of the project, which includes the compilation of: working drawings, Engineering, specialist consultants reports, authorities reports, payment of fees and lodgement of the DA/CC with the Local Government Authority;
- Once lodged, we monitor the approval process in a proven and systemised method, ensuring the application is dealt with in a timely manner;
- Upon approval, we commence the Construction Phase of the project. We commence on-site within 2 weeks of DA/CC approval. We invoice the client via Progress Payments at key milestones of the project i.e. slab complete, frame complete etc;
- Once Lock-up is reached, we commence the subdivision process;
- Once we reach Practical Completion, and we are paid, the Occupation Certificate is sought from the LGA, and once sourced, typically registration of the subdivision occurs within 4-6 weeks;
- We are able to assist with the sourcing or Property Management, Tax Depreciation Schedules and on-going grounds maintenance – should these services be required.